So much news this week!
We had another baptism. Margarita and her son David got baptized on Saturday. However they were late to church on Sunday so they have to wait til next week to be confirmed. The reason they were late is that Margarita got a job which is a huge blessing, but....
This was a week of miracles. TONS of miracles. We saw a little boy that had been sick with who-knows-what receive a blessing and be completely healed. They went to the doctor and he said that the little boy is perfectly healthy. He is now running around causing a ruckus and constantly reminding me of Grant when he was little. Hna Ghan told his mom that: "This miracle means that the priesthood power is real." "si" "That means that God restored his priesthood to the earth." "si" "That means that Joseph Smith was a prophet." "si" "That means that this church is true." "si" "So when are you getting baptized?" "We're talking about it." That is a miracle in itself. Her husband is a member and she is afraid of water so it has been a struggle to get her to even talk about baptism. We are hoping that all this talk, and the fact that three of their sons want to get baptized, will lead to a service sometime soon. Keep your fingers crossed!
I did hear about the earthquake. It is all anyone has been talking about and praying for. I'm glad Will is okay and I'll pray for Abby.
Guess what?
I fell off my bike and have a huge black and blue bruise on my arm. It was quite funny because I was just getting off the bike and setting it down on the ground. I just kind of went with it. And the bruise is from the softest part of the bike: the seat.
Yes! I almost forgot. They are making a new mission called the New Mexico Farmington Mission. We will be reshuffled in July. And our new mission president is going to be Elder Ellesworth of the Seventy. That change will happen about the same time. How it is going to work is that whoever is up in the area of the new mission when the change happens will be in that mission. So the next transfer will determine who gets switched and who stays.
We did a HUGE service project the other day. You could probably look it up in the news from AZ. It was about 1,500 people and was called something like Clean Up Mesa, or something like that. And we got free t-shirts. That would be on Sat the 27th, so you can look it up. I got a bunch of pictures and will probably have to send you the SD card soon so you don't get too antsy.
Buena suerte! I handed my camera over to Elder Hendrickson and he took a bunch of very fun fotos. Oops, that is Spanish. So I will definitely send out the SD card.
We ate dinner with a very cute little lady the other day. Okay, so we have been eating with cute little old ladies all week. We are sisters and they can't have elders because they are all widows. Anyway, I saw a little poem that I really like in one of their houses.
"Life isn't about waiting
for the storms to pass...
It's about learning to
dance in the rain!"
It's about learning to dance in the rain!
Posted by
Stephensons
at
3.03.2010
0 comments:
Post a Comment